Wednesday, October 5, 2011

It's One of THOSE Days

Have you ever had one of those days? You know the kind I'm talking about. The kind where everything you touch turns to crap. Yeah, that's my day. It started yesterday, actually, when I purchased a software program that was supposed to do a "SUPER" job at preventing and removing spyware. NOT. I've been plagued with a frozen system, the inability to shut down unless I unplug and remove the battery, and whenever I try to do much of anything on the laptop, it freezes. I contacted customer service and virulently let them know I was dissatisfied with their product and then went out for a little retail therapy at the local thrift store that has a huge wall of used paperbacks. I came home with a huge bag filled with books, plus a few old movies for my VCR. Yup. I still have a VCR. I feel better, even if my computer is 100% after the customer service reps suggestion of something to try. So far, the screen hasn't frozen but I still get that black screen that says the computer needs to check one of my disks for consistency. WTH is that? It certainly wasn't doing that until I downloaded the software. Sometimes I just want to shout to the heaven's WHY ME? But it seems the powers on high always answer: WHY NOT YOU? So, I've learned that lesson well over the years...don't make it a challenge. So, maybe part of the issue is resolved because so far the computer hasn't seized up. Still, I think I'm going to demand my $$ back and uninstall this dog of a program, then do a system restore for a few days before I bought this program. Then I may take a nap. It's been one of those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment