Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A Belated Merry Christmas

A belated Merry Christmas to one and all. I spent the Christmas holiday with my wonderful sister and her husband and got home to Butt Crack, FL on the afternoon of the 26th. It's pretty much the crack of dawn on the 27th and am just about to call it a night. Spent the evening rocking out to my iPod playlist on the stereo docking station my sister and her hubby gave me for Christmas. The only thing on my wish list, if I'm to be totally honest. Opened a bottle of a Malbec from Argentina-that I bought for a minimal price at Aldi (who knew?) for a tremendously reasonable price -  and drank the whole thing over 8 hours. Yeow. Listening to my faves like The Henry Paul Band, The Beatles, Dixie Chicks, The Freddy Jones Band, Aztec Two Step...and on and on. What a treat! I don't allow myself this kind of self-indulgence very often. I've been focusing on a 90k single title novel, 7 revisions of the query for submission to a New York agency. Been working on this WIP for a year and it's finally done, so this a celebratory indulgence. But I'll probably still feel like someone kicked me in the head in the morning. Getting old is hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment