Friday, December 2, 2011

A Satisfying I Told You So

After spending all of her life in Ohio, my daughter finally moved south with her husband. They're in Atlanta and as any good southern girl knows, it gets cold in Atlanta. Over the years, after I moved back to Florida, I would complain about the cold weather in the winter. I always got the same thing - Really mom, I don't wanna hear it. It's 17 degrees here (or some variation of same). So, I'm on FB a couple weeks ago and I see a post from my daughter - COMPLAINING THAT IT WAS COLD! This, of course, gives me no small measure of satisfaction and, dare I say it, outright smug glee. I talked to her the othe day and she said the temp was supposed to get down to below freezing. So, yes, I did it. I uttered the words every mother cherishes when their children roll their eyes and give them the familiar "You're so lame" expression. I said, "I told you so." And it darn well does too get cold in the south. We actually had snow flurries in Orlando winter before last. Now to you from Chicago, or Main, or Wyoming...no, we don't have those temps but 25 degrees and 98% humidity seeps straight into your bones and it's as miserable as any of the butt clenching cold days I lived through in Ohio. So there. I told you so. It does too get cold in the south.

No comments:

Post a Comment